Developed by Infamous Rabbit, the game’s described as a “lore-rich turn-based crazy JRPG set in a cursed fairytale world.” While a Q3 2022 release window has already been pencilled in for both Switch and PC, a Kickstarter will go live next month in an attempt to support the game’s development.
Oddventure is a JRPG where you play as Charlie – a nihilistic and rebellious teenage girl with anger issues and social awkwardness. Your search for troublesome younger brother Bonzo is also looking for a way back home. The setting for Charlie’s misadventures is the Kingdom of Luxia, a land taken straight out of original Grimm Brothers’ fairy tales with a dark, Nietzschean twist.
Here’s a list of Oddventure’s key features:
● Meaningful choices – EVERY decision matters, sometimes in the most unpredictable ways.
● The friendly JRPG where nobody has to die… but can. In a horrible way.
● Countless hidden secrets reference to pop culture and fairy tales.
● Bitter-sweet comedy mixed with some coziness and dark humor.
● A life-changing gaming experience.
You can actually go ahead and check out a free demo of the game on Steam if you’d like to give it a spin. Otherwise, make sure to stay tuned for the Kickstarter going live on 6th May if you’re keen on learning more and backing the project.
Article Tags: Coming · EarthBound · Kickstarter · Nintendo Switch · Oddventure · RPG · Switch · Switch eShop · UndertaleInspired · Upcoming Releases