One of the more exciting – and stressful – features of Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the ‘Stalk Market’, where players can buy turnips on a Sunday morning to hopefully sell them for a profit throughout the following week. As experienced players will know, keeping hold of turnips for longer than a week causes them to spoil, meaning you’ll have lost your original deposit and be left with a whole bunch of ruined vegetables.
Usually, that would be the end of that, but throughout next week, players will actually be able to use any spoiled turnips they have to help a good cause. The Canadian arm of Hellmann’s – yes, the mayonnaise company – has created its very own New Horizons island and will allow players to visit, explore its attractions, and drop off their spoiled turnips.
In exchange for these spoiled turnips, Hellmann’s will donate to Second Harvest, Canada’s largest food rescue charity, to help provide 25,000 meals in total for vulnerable communities across the country. We have a full rundown of how it’ll work and some snaps of the island below:
- Hellmann’s Island will be open to visitors from 3:00 p.m. EST on Monday, August 17, to 12.15 a.m. EST on Saturday, August 22.
- To access the island, gamers will direct message Hellmann’s Canada on Twitter @HellmannsCanada to receive their personal dodo code which will be shared on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Selected visitors will be provided with a 15-minute timeslot to drop off their spoiled turnips. For each spoiled turnip dropped off, Hellmann’s will donate a meal to Second Harvest until the 25,000 meal target is achieved.
- After dropping off their spoiled turnips, guests will have the opportunity to explore the rest of the attractions on Hellmann’s Island including:
- Hellmann’s Farm – visitors can take a peaceful stroll through the picturesque canola fields or catch a glimpse of other Hellmann’s ingredients, including freshly laid eggs from free-run hens and barrels of vinegar.
- Second Harvest Outdoor Kitchen – here, guests can relax and unwind by a waterfall with a healthy sandwich and fresh produce prepared by Second Harvest.
- Able Sisters Merch Shop – fun merchandise can be downloaded at the local store, including items such as Hellmann’s-inspired dresses, t-shirts and jackets.
- Resident Services – guests can stop by to check out the bulletin board for more tips on how to be creative and make the most of what’s in their fridge and reduce food waste.
- Ribbon Island – if they’re feeling adventurous, guests can pole vault over to an island shaped like Hellmann’s iconic ribbon for a quick photo opp.
We hope you find success on the Stalk Market this week, but if you don’t – or if you’d like to get in on the action and help those in need – this sounds like a fun way to pass on your ruined turnips and provide to a good cause.
Article Tags: animal · Animal Crossing · Crossing · Donate · Good · Nintendo Switch · Players · Spoiled · Turnips · Week