Publisher 11 Bit Studios is bringing Digital Sun’s DLC expansion for Moonlighter to Switch and other consoles on 29th May. This paid DLC package is called Between Dimensions and you can get a glimpse of it in the teaser trailer above.
The game–self-described as a “shopkeeping RPG”–launched on Switch back in 2018 and this latest expansion (already available on PC) adds a new interdimensional dungeon as well as new creatures, weapons, shop items and more to the existing dungeons.
There’s even a light smattering of additional content coming for owners of the game who don’t purchase the Between Dimensions DLC. Check out the list below from the official PR blurb, as well as some Switch screenshots:
● A brand-new Interdimensional Dungeon (with a chance for it to appear as a Corrupted Dungeon in the original dungeons!)
● 10 all-new original enemies and 5 minibosses
● A full set of weapons with a new short sword, a large sword, bow, gloves, and spear
● A new set of armor with a helmet, chest, and boots
● Trick weapons – 10 unique weapons in total – both powerful… and punishing!
● New rings for boosting Will’s passive abilities
● New shop upgrade allowing Will to showcase his new Interdimensional Items
● New customers wanting to trade and an unfamiliar NPC: The Trader
● Additional story and lore
● New thieves to invade your shop (free content)
● A new client – the indecisive customer (free content)
● A bothersome bird terrorizing your customers (free content)
The expansion will set you back $6.99, and it should be noted that you need to have finished the main game before you’ll be able to access it. Obviously the peace you brought to Rynoka in the base game didn’t last very long! It never does in these RPG worlds, does it?
We very much enjoyed the base game when we reviewed it, saying that “if you want to play a top-down Legend of Zelda game as a rogue-lite while also taking shifts as a shopkeeper then, hey, Moonlighter is about to scratch a distinctive itch for you”. It also made our list of the games to play after you’ve finished Zelda: Breath of the Wild, so perhaps now is a good time to investigate Moonlighter if it passed you by back in 2018.
Let us know below if you’ll be heading between dimensions in this DLC.
Article Tags: DLC · Expansion · Launches · month · Moonlighter · Nintendo Switch · Switch