Throughout June, Japanese site Goo Ranking held a poll to see which Pokémon games would be voted as the most popular. It might not come as much of a surprise, but the original Pokémon Red and Green – released as Pokémon Red and Blue in the west – have come out on top.
You can see the top ten results below. It’s interesting to see that almost all of the top ten is made up of mainline series games, with spin-offs and side series being pushed down the pecking order. If you’re intrigued, out of the 63 different Pokémon games that could be selected, poor old Pokémon Link: Battle! came last with just one vote.
- Pokémon Red and Green (159 votes)
- Pokémon X and Y (102 votes)
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (101 votes)
- Pokémon Gold and Silver (91 votes)
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (69 votes)
- Pokémon Black and White (44 votes)
- Detective Pikachu (43 votes)
- Pokémon Platinum (36 votes)
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (32 votes)
- Pokémon Yellow (31 votes)
Total participants: 1,388
Conducted: Goo Ranking – 7th – 21st June, 2020
Do you agree? Would you put the originals on top, or would you vote for a newer entry? Let us know in the comments below, and feel free to check out our very own ranking here:
Article Tags: Games · green · Japan · Japanese · Pokémon · Poll · popular · Red · Voted