Raji: An Ancient Epic, which surprise-launched on Switch back in August following an Indie World Showcase presentation, has just been updated on Nintendo’s platform.
The patch fixes a “large number of issues” that were reported to the development team through player feedback, hoping to add new optimisation fixes designed to improve players’ experience with the game.
“Thank you to everyone who sent us their feedback,” the team writes. “The constant stream of information was invaluable to us as we worked to make the Switch version as good as possible.”
We have the full patch notes for you below.
Raji: An Ancient Epic Update – Full Patch Notes
Performance Related Fixes
- Improvements to the game’s performance in both handheld and docked mode
- Improved the dynamic resolution percentage, resulting in better visuals
- Localization bugs fixed
- Better UI scaling
- Fixed checkpoint locations
- Added the ability to load checkpoints from the menu
- Attack impacts on enemies increased by 20% for all weapons
- Decreased Raji’s recovery after being hit by an enemy, this lowers the chance to be stun-locked
- The Rage Mahinasura has been slightly nerfed (it was a bit too hard)
- Fixed the camera angles in multiple locations
- Jumps are much more accurate
- Decreased fog values
- Camera shake and post-processing blur effects have been amplified by 20%, improving how the game feels.
- Chieftain Boss has been slightly buffed
- Ice Power attack will only insta-freeze
- Fixed a bug that caused Raji to fly into the sky
- Fixed a bug that caused the Vayusura to fly out of the battle area
- Fixed an issue that caused the brightness slider to not work
- Fixed a bug that caused the bow to stops shooting
- Fixed a bug that caused Raji to be stuck outside a combat arena
- Fixed UI sizes in Handheld mode
- Fixed a bug that caused Raji to not get chakra after falling in the water in by the Desert Tree
- Many additional smaller fixes
If you missed out on this one, feel free to give our full review a read to see if it might be for you. We enjoyed its strong, narrative-driven experience and varied combat, but thought the camera could be a nuisance at times – thankfully, that’s one of the fixes mentioned above.
Article Tags: ancient · Epic · Indie · Nintendo Switch · Raji · Showcase · Star · Switch · Switch eShop · Update · Updates · World